Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And then Life Interupts

We all have our intentions when we work. And I approach my reviewing as my job. I get up and dress like I'm going to work, I just do it in my living room. And I spend time reading online things involved in books and with my own writing as well.

Of course, there are times when we are supposed to go to work but things in life interfere and we have to call in. That's what's gone on in my life the past couple of days. Life Interuptis.

The first thing is having this ongoing, chronic disorder called Fibromyalgia. It's a neurological muscular thing that makes me hurt all over, makes me tired, sometimes makes me confused and makes me forget things. Put it this way, it sucks. It's like having the flu without the fever. And I hate having it. So I have to keep calm, take it easy, and try to rest when I need to. And life tries to make sure I have things to do, places to go, and people to see. It's a balancing act.

And the second thing was my daughter's father-in-law being involved in a really bad car accident this weekend in our hometown. He is in his 70's and had just picked up his beautifully restored 1968 Dodge Charger and was driving it when a woman in a new GMC SUV ran across a feeder road, a ditch, two highway lanes and hit his car hard. She had a medical problem that contributed to this. The man was airlifted to the hospital and is still in ICU. I've been working on prayers and on helping my daughter stay calm and help her family. So, I've been distracted so writing has not been happening and I have been reading when I can. I can become easily distracted by things like this and I should have been working when I could instead of surfing the net all day.

I am going back to work today and things will be going back on schedule. So, nothing new going on, except I am pulling out the novel and writing until I go pick up my Beloved and read while I wait for him.


1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Texas,
    I hope the Gentelman pulls through. I never had the pleasure, but from what I have heard he is quite a guy.

    ReplyDelete