Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Destiny's Revenge by Nancy Strange


Nancy Strange has done it again. Destiny's Revenge is a fantastic book, longer, stronger, and full of the twists and turns I've come to expect from her stories.

This book picked up where Meeting Destiny, the first of the series, stopped. Lauren Davis is recovering from the attack while she was camping with her boyfriend, Max. When she wakes up from the coma, it's two years later and Max is in Afghanistan as a corpsman, having given up on her coming out of the coma.

I won't give the rest of the story away but Lauren comes into more of her powers, she learns of a Council that keeps an eye on the destiny of people on earth and a Cabinet of the Council's opposites. For the Counselor of Confidence, there is a Cabinet equal of Doubt.

And a demon who wants Lauren dead, or else.

This is a very long, meaty book. It's not a one-day read, it begs to be read slowly and savored. Max and Lauren, all of her friends, her parents, Peanut (my favorite character) and all of the Council/Cabinet people fill each page with a world that is part of this one and not at the same time.

Am I gushing? In a word, yes. I laughed, I cried, I screamed at some of the characters, and I sometimes had to put the book down and let the words sink in. I love Destiny's Revenge and I'm giving it five stars.

As I have said previously, I'm not into young adult books. This one really isn't young adult, there is some mild sexual discussion in it, so I would say it's not for under at least 15 year olds. But it is so good, I didn't even notice it was supposed to be a youth book.

It's so good, I'm going to go get the third and last book in her series, Destiny's Wrath, and start it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment